By Neepa Sevak
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) can be an exasperating condition. This article will provide an immense understanding of PCOS and how to reverse its underlying condition. It will motivate every woman to have an enhanced sense of optimism and assurance to improving their health. A woman's reproductive health is closely associated with her overall health. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is an endocrine disorder portraying multiple cysts (fluid filled sacs) in the ovaries, as an outcome of abnormal hormone function that leads to excessive production of androgen (male hormone) by the ovaries. This influences a woman’s hormonal levels, ovarian functions, menstrual cycle, ability to have children and other body systems.
Causes of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- May be unknown
- High levels of androgen (male) hormone
- Excess insulin can increase production of androgen.
Symptoms of PCOS
- Missed or irregular menses
- Development of male sex characteristics in the body
- Excessive hair growth all over the body
- Male pattern baldness or thinning of hair
- Deepening of the voice
- Oily skin
- Lack of mental alertness
- Decreased sexual drive
- Decreased breast size
- Skin pigmentation
- Skin tags
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Weight gain
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Chances of getting endometrial cancer
Homeopathic Approach to PCOS
Homeopathy is the dominant option to treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOS is constitutional taking into account the patient’s physical symptoms along with their mental and genetic make up that individualizes the person. Early intervention with Homeopathy can assist in preventing further progress and hence deterioration caused by PCOS. Homeopathic constitutional treatment will help balance hyperactivity of the glands, regulate hormonal balance, dissolve the cysts in the ovaries and force them to resume normal functioning. Hence, Homeopathic medicines can restore hormonal balance, normal ovulation, menstrual cycles, and also eliminate the need for hormone therapies and surgery. This can significantly increase the chances of conception. The different expressions of this disease can be managed effectively, safely and gently with Homeopathic remedies.
Self Care Measures
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of vegetables, nuts, beans and whole grains.
- Cut down on your sugar, carbohydrate, salt intake.
- Limit your saturated fats.
- Avoid fruits high in sugar.
- Avoid artificial additives in your foods.
- If you are overweight, work on reducing your weight.
- Women with PCOS should have their blood pressure, glucose levels, and cholesterol levels checked regularly.
Hence, to have your PCOS totally under control and to restore normal functioning of the adrenal glands and to establish normal ovulatory cycle consider homeopathy.