Integrative Medicine Course
Our Integrative Medicine Course is one of the most comprehensive training programs in integrative medicine available. This 35-hour online course is self-paced and the distance learning format makes it ideally suited for individualized learning. This course gives an overview and introduction to Integrative Medicine and its many modalities and is presented in partnership with the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medicine Association (AHIMA), who have provided the faculty and content. This Integrative Medicine Course prepares physicians, in part, to sit for the Arizona Homeopathy Licensing Exam.
About Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine involves more than just adding conventional medicine and complementary therapies. It entails thinking about why a patient might be ill and seeking the kind of treatment, whether conventional or complementary or both, that is appropriate for the patient’s condition, situation and temperament. It is also a question of empowering the patient to take charge of their health and in particular, make lifestyle changes to promote well-being.
- Participants will develop sufficient knowledge of integrative medicine to successfully prepare for the integrative medicine section of the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medicine Licensing Exam.
- Participants will develop basic knowledge of integrative medicine concepts and philosophy.
- Participants will develop basic knowledge of chelation, orthomolecular medicine, neuromuscular integration, oriental medicine and homeopathic medicine*.
- Participants will develop sufficient understanding of the evidence base for integrative medicine.
The course consists of the following lectures:
- Ackerley, M, MD, MD (H) Healing Our Brain, Integrative Psychiatry
- Bowmann, V, Ph D Bowel Cleansing and Reflorastation
- Cousens, G, MD, MD (H) Insights in Diabetes
- Davidson, S, DO, DO(H) Introduction to Neuromuscular Integration
- Fontes, M, LAc, CCH Introduction to Acupuncture
- Gordon, G, DO, MD (H) F.I.G.H.T. Protocols and Integrative Cancer Therapies
- Kondrot, E, MD, MD (H) Homeopathy and Eye Disease
- Lim, RT, MD, MD (H) Integrative Pediatrics
- Lodi, T, MD, MD (H) IPT and Cancer Therapies
- Margolis, M, DDS Holistic Dentistry
- Meyer, N, DDS Biological Dentistry
- Myers, SW, JD Ethics and Jurisprudence
- Rapp, D, MD, MD (H) Environmental Illness
- Rowe, T, MD, MD (H) Introduction to Classical Homeopathy
- Schwengel, C, DO, MD (H) German New Medicine
- Shelton, B, MD, MD (H) Comprehensive Homeopathy
- Starr, M, MD, MD (H) Innovative Thyroid Treatment & Pain Management
In addition to the main modules described above, there are also a variety of documents that are available in the course for support and further information. You can find these in the Additional References Section on the right side of the screen. This includes the Course Syllabus.
Several quizzes are included in the course. These are for self-assessment only and are not graded.
There is a final exam at the end of this course. There are 50 multiple choice questions covering material within the course. A passing grade is 70%.
Certificate of Completion
After successful completion of the core modules for this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from AMCH at PIHMA. This certificate can be downloaded at the completion of the course.