The vision of the American Medical College of Homeopathy is to transform health through being an international homeopathic Center of Excellence in Education, Research and Clinical Care.
- To sustain and grow a viable and internationally known institution of higher learning in homeopathic medicine;
- To provide the knowledge and skills essential to the principles and successful practice of homeopathy, through leadership in creating humanistic and technological learning environments, to homeopathic students worldwide;
- To inculcate homeopathic students with the fundamental attitudes of compassionate, humanistic patient care;
- To promote success and excellence in homeopathic practice that refelcts a spirit and desire for lifelong, interdependent learning, scholarship and financial sustainability .
- To advance homeopathic medicine through global leadership in recognized homeopathic research;
- To contribute to the well-being of all people through the delivery of environmentally sustainable medicine and excellence in homeopathic patient care.
- To foster an inclusive, collaborative community for humanistic, sustainable healthcare.
- Respect for the individual: We recognize and honor the uniqueness, diversity and learning style of each individual. We respect and value the common experiences that bring us together.
- Commitment to Educational Leadership: AMCH is committed to becoming a national leader in homeopathic education. Good leadership liberates the mind from prejudice and opens the door for a lifelong journey of learning. It establishes academic excellence and provides a nurturing environment where students feel free to fully develop. Our teachers energy and enthusiasm kindles a love of learning that is transformative for their students.
- Community Builders: We prepare students to be life-long contributing members of their communities. Our collaborative environment fosters constructive conflict resolution and cultural sensitivity. Students learn to relate to the natural world and develop a connection with all life.
- Open Mindedness and Self Awareness: We encourage students to develop self-awareness, to remove obstacles to their learning and to care for themselves. Our goal is to guide this self-observation in a non-judgmental manner. This gentle approach and freedom from bias leads students to become true healers.
- Dedication to Success; We are dedicated to the success of our programs and community. At the heart of this is dedication to the success of our students.
- The Curative Power of Life: The physicians highest calling is to cure.; Homeopaths have found the key to achieve this-by unlocking the healing power of substances from the natural world. All of life has the capacity to heal.
- The Law of Similars: Matching the Medicine to the Patient: Each patient brings a unique and integrated symptom picture that completely represents their disease state. Each medicine has a unique and integrated symptom picture. When the medicines picture is as similar as possible to that of the patient, the medicine acts curatively. This is the Law of Similars which is nature's law of cure.
- Energy Medicine: All of life is energy. The deepest level of expression of any organism is its vital force. The purpose of homeopathy is to resort the patient's balance and harmony. In disease, what needs to be cured is the mistunement of the vital force. Homeopathic medicines directly effect the vital force. They stimulate the self-healing power of the individual.
- Removing Obstacles to Cure: Healing can be impeded by obstacles such as drugs, diet, stress, and other emotional or physical factors in the environment of the patient. For this reason, our role as homeopaths includes the task of helping patients identify and remove these obstacles. It is also important that while doing so practitioners act in a non-judgmental and compassionate way. The quantity of action necessary to effect any change in nature is the least possible. The body heals itself with maximum economy. Homeopaths use the minimum dose necessary to effect cure.
- Treating the Whole Person: Each person is a unique, complete and integrated whole. Effective treatment considers all levels of the persons being (physicals, emotional, mental and spiritual). In doing so, it honors what is unique and characteristic about each person.
- Non-Suppressive: Homeopathy does not seek to suppress or palliate symptoms but to treat the underlying cause of disease. It does this in the most safe yet effective way.